traffic on 164.1000 - Corona area

Post frequencies and talkgroups for Riverside County. In this area you will find some of the most up-to-date frequency/talkgroup notes and information about newly discovered systems.
brandon

Re: traffic on 164.1000 - Corona area

Post by brandon »

Plugged this in today but did not hear anything. Was the activity simplex or repeated?

Speaking of USSS last week they were using 165.375. Heard them mention Obama's codename "RENEGADE" and a brief thing about the Santa Monica college incident. Nice to get some clear comms from those guys! (even if brief)
markb

Post by markb »

It was simplex. I could only hear one side of the conversation.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

markb wrote:It was simplex. I could only hear one side of the conversation.
It must have been a fire department because they usually use simplex.
Mike_G_D

Post by Mike_G_D »

cvrules90 wrote:
markb wrote:It was simplex. I could only hear one side of the conversation.
It must have been a fire department because they usually use simplex.

LOTS of services use simplex; the choice to use repeaters or simplex is more situational or based on resources rather than specific to a service. If the traffic mentioned in this thread was not from some unintended internally generated mixing product (like an image) and/or external unintentional source (in other words, it was really on said frequency) then, because only one side was heard, it is likely either:

1) An input to a repeater the nature and output frequency of which is so far unknown, or;

2) Simplex such as tactical.

Both of which, assuming the traffic really was on the frequency as described, would almost certainly be from a US federal government agency given the frequency.

-Mike
markb

Post by markb »

Yeah. Definitely not FD.....