Murrieta Fire

Post frequencies and talkgroups for Riverside County. In this area you will find some of the most up-to-date frequency/talkgroup notes and information about newly discovered systems.
Kingscup

Murrieta Fire

Post by Kingscup »

I am not a big scanner listener like I was as a kid but I did turn on my scanner today to update freqs and listen to it for a bit. I unlocked RVC Tac 4(154.250) and heard Murrieta fire dispatch on it. No unit traffic. This concerns me a bit since RVC Tac 4 is the countywide RIC tac. It is tone protected so maybe it won't be a big deal but I would be concerned about any interference. I don't see that freq listed to MFD on SR or RR. Any info on this?
Mike_G_D

Re: Murrieta Fire

Post by Mike_G_D »

Hmm, could you tell what tone they were using - was it different from the tone used on RVC Tac 4 and maybe matched what Murrieta normally uses on their normal dispatch frequency?

Was it a multicast such that you can hear the same broadcast on both the normal dispatch frequency and RVC TAC 4 at the same time?

I can only guess that it may have been a temporary situation either for testing RVC Tac 4 equipment or for use while maintenance/service/testing was being done on their normal dispatch equipment, etc.

Otherwise - more significant frequency re-shuffling?

I'm too far away to check this myself.

-Mike
Kingscup

Post by Kingscup »

The scanner does not have CTCSS capability so I can't find out the tone. I don't have MFD dispatch freq. plugged into the scanner so I don't know if they were multicasting. I can't see a reason why MFD would be on that freq. dispatching an engine as it is a TAC channel used countywide. I can see where maybe they are authorized to use that freq. if the freq is only used in the Coachella Valley for RVC Fire but not for a countywide freq. I don't see this being an image but you never know. I don't know what is going on. I will be out of town so I won't be able to listen for a bit. I'll see if I can still hear it when I get back.
egilstrap62

Post by egilstrap62 »

MURRIETA DISPATCH IS 154.400 THEY SUPORTS ALSO I THINK THEY ARE 154.415 ? OR S-6 154.445? DONT LIVE THAT WAY SORRY. BIG ED
brandon

Post by brandon »

Pushed 154.250 for about 24 hours and so far not hearing anything on this end.
Murrieta is a bit of a stretch for me due to the terrain.
markb

Post by markb »

We have their freqs in our radio load and 154.25 isn't in there for MUR......
Strange that you heard them there.
Kingscup

Post by Kingscup »

I could have sworn I had the right freq. but now I am not so sure anymore. I haven't listened much but I have listened and I haven't heard anything more. Thanks for the help guys. If anything changes, ill post an update.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Kingscup wrote:I am not a big scanner listener like I was as a kid but I did turn on my scanner today to update freqs and listen to it for a bit. I unlocked RVC Tac 4(154.250) and heard Murrieta fire dispatch on it. No unit traffic. This concerns me a bit since RVC Tac 4 is the countywide RIC tac. It is tone protected so maybe it won't be a big deal but I would be concerned about any interference. I don't see that freq listed to MFD on SR or RR. Any info on this?
That was probably one of those "recycled" frequencies. It could also have been mutual aid.