HOW DO I GET THE OLD TALK GROUP NUMBERS

Post frequencies and talkgroups for Riverside County. In this area you will find some of the most up-to-date frequency/talkgroup notes and information about newly discovered systems.
egilstrap62

HOW DO I GET THE OLD TALK GROUP NUMBERS

Post by egilstrap62 »

NEED THE OLD NUMBERS I HAVE AN OLD PRO-94 SCANNER SO ALL THE NEW TALK GROUPS ARE 3 NUMBERS THE OLD HAS 5 NUMBERS 00-000 old THE NEW 000 - 3- NUMBERS CAN ANYONE HELP ME. BIG ED
brandon

Re: HOW DO I GET THE OLD TALK GROUP NUMBERS

Post by brandon »

Hi Ed, you might try this to change from decimal to AFS format

Selecting the EDACS Talk Group ID Format
The EDACS system uses two group ID formats. Decimal, and Agency-Fleet Subfleet (AFS). Decimal IDs appear as 3 or 4 digit numbers, 577 (for example). AFS format IDs appear as 10- 047 (for example). If you use a list of IDs shown in one format and the ID you want to receive is in the other format, you can switch.
While trunking an EDACS system, or storing IDs into ID lists in an EDACS system,
Press SVC(E) to switch formats. E flashes on the display when the decimal format is selected.

http://marksscanners.com/94/94.shtml
egilstrap62

Post by egilstrap62 »

SORRY GUYS I DONT UNDERSTAND DO YOU HAVE A VIDEO TO SHOW ME. THANKS BIG ED
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

This is exactly why I went with Starrsoft to program the damn things....I ain't no Steinmetz.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

egilstrap62 wrote:NEED THE OLD NUMBERS I HAVE AN OLD PRO-94 SCANNER SO ALL THE NEW TALK GROUPS ARE 3 NUMBERS THE OLD HAS 5 NUMBERS 00-000 old THE NEW 000 - 3- NUMBERS CAN ANYONE HELP ME. BIG ED
Big Ed
I've owned a PRO 164 which is a lot like the PRO 94 and if I remember correctly, you push FUNC, 8 after pushing TRUNK to change the mode (DEC or AFS). Personally, I like AFS better.