North Riverside storm damage

Heard something interesting on the scanner? This is the place to share it with the community. Visitors are also welcome to post links to news articles about incidents that occurred in the county.
sp1989

North Riverside storm damage

Post by sp1989 »

There is tons of activity on RFD/RPD channels re: the violent storm that passed though about 1400 hrs today. For the first time ever, I turned on the NOAA button on my scanner and instead of the readout giving the freqs and the computer voice giving info, it made a weird tone and said 'WARNING", then began telling anyone outside to seek immediate shelter due to violent lightning strikes, large hail and flooding. Kinda cool....
egilstrap62

Re: North Riverside storm damage

Post by egilstrap62 »

wow ok scanner was off now its on. big ed
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

It never rains in California, but girl don't they warn ya? It pours, man it pours!
brandon

Post by brandon »

Watched it on radar from hundreds of miles away. Hoping to catch a few storms on sat in the HD on the way home

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
tk353

Post by tk353 »

If you lived in Riverside for a while the flooding was in the usual spots. However the tree damage was very impressive. The city contracted out for tree service today. Not much damage south of Adams.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

I've been in Riverside for almost 30 years, and my street never floods, but it had almost 2 feet in some spots. I could see the high water mark on people's lawns today, the water was right up to the front steps on some. Good thing most of the houses are older and high up off the ground.