LASD and LAPD Records

Forum to discuss radio scanning outside of Riverside County. This is the ideal place to post topics related to Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Orange, San Diego, Imperial County and Western Arizona.
cvrules90

LASD and LAPD Records

Post by cvrules90 »

I know this site is for scanning in Riverside County but I was wondering, do LASD or LAPD have a records channel?

Just thought I'd ask because someone in LA County might scan the west end of Riverside County because in a way, this is also dedicated to surrounding area scanning to some extent.
Paulndooc

Re: LASD and LAPD Records

Post by Paulndooc »

LASD does not have a records freq. Units run subjects and plates on a dispatch channel with SCC in East L.A.
SCC does not do record checks. Record checks are done though the station of the requesting unit and can be made via MDT, phone, or L-Tac.

Not sure about LAPD other than units run subject and plates on the dispatch channel.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Paulndooc wrote:LASD does not have a records freq. Units run subjects and plates on a dispatch channel with SCC in East L.A.
SCC does not do record checks. Record checks are done though the station of the requesting unit and can be made via MDT, phone, or L-Tac.

Not sure about LAPD other than units run subject and plates on the dispatch channel.
So there essentially is no channel, for either department, that is strictly records. They do it on their dispatch channels.

I just thought it was missing accidentally so was going to add it to the RR database. Thank you.
Paulndooc

Post by Paulndooc »

There is definitely not a records channel for LASD, as far as LAPD is concerned I can't say for certain , but I have never heard reference to it
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Yeah well departments like Burbank have them, guess the radio techs thought no need to do that cause there were plenty of channels already available to both departments.
zz0468

Post by zz0468 »

cvrules90 wrote:Yeah well departments like Burbank have them, guess the radio techs thought no need to do that cause there were plenty of channels already available to both departments.
That's a decision that's made at a much higher pay grade than radio techs.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

In my observations over the years, it seems like most of the departments that have a special channel for records checks and such are smaller departments (like Burbank, Riverside, etc.) that only have a few channels to begin with, to keep the primary dispatch channel free for it's intended purpose.
Last edited by sp1989 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
egilstrap62

Post by egilstrap62 »

Me to sp maybe they use only mdt ? Or laso have base an mobile ch.s it gives beeps when mobile transmit on base freqs dont hear them from out here. Big ed
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

Big Ed, how the heck are ya? Yeah, I have very limited success in picking up any LASD stuff out here in the boondocks. Only time I ever heard anything intelligible was when I hiked to the top of Mt. Rubidoux with a HH and searched. I live right behind it, so anything west of downtown Sewercide is blocked by the mountain.

I know with RSO, they can run all sorts of stuff on the MDC, but if you want a warrant abstracted to arrest someone, it has to go through dispatch..at least it used to. Been outta the game for a while now, thank God =)
egilstrap62

Post by egilstrap62 »

hi sp how are u sometimes i cant hear laso 483.6875 industry station or 470.5375 lacfd this is from mo-val indoor ant. big ed