Riverside Fire Feed

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
highway97

Riverside Fire Feed

Post by highway97 »

Hi guys hows it scanning im back again. I applied to feed radio ref. Live feed i think i will do all city fire freqs but the only thing is im not in the city i border the city an county near old 215/cottonwood what you think. Big ed :roll:
cvrules90

Re: Riverside Fire Feed

Post by cvrules90 »

Unless you are higher up, you likely won't get Riverside Fire Frequencies. Still, you're at the border with Riverside so you MIGHT pick something up now and then. All the fire channels in Riverside City are in UHF so each should have the same power.
highway97

Post by highway97 »

I pickup all the channels very well just the tac ch.4 453.600 not well. Well see thanks big ed
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

Big Ed, you are up on Box Springs mtn, aren't you? You should be fine, and Tac 4 is simplex I believe, so unless it's an incident right near you, it's going to be scratchy.
brandon

Post by brandon »

cvrules90 wrote:Unless you are higher up, you likely won't get Riverside Fire Frequencies. Still, you're at the border with Riverside so you MIGHT pick something up now and then. All the fire channels in Riverside City are in UHF so each should have the same power.
Dispatch and Commands are repeated though. I pull them in full scale here in Menifee and even further south.
highway97

Post by highway97 »

thanks guys for your input. also thinking about adding county northwest freqs support 5,6 corona fd we will see they have not approved me yet. big ed :roll:
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

highway97 wrote:thanks guys for your input. also thinking about adding county northwest freqs support 5,6 corona fd we will see they have not approved me yet. big ed :roll:
There are already two really good feeds covering Riverside County Fire West and Corona Fire. I think that Riverside City Fire is really sought.
highway97

Post by highway97 »

ya ill just stay with the city fd for now. big ed
highway97

Post by highway97 »

got the scanner now need to download software having a hard time seting it up. big ed
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

highway97 wrote:ya ill just stay with the city fd for now. big ed
RE what SP1989 said about Tac 4 being a simplex channel, I would just go ahead and enter all the fire channels because you never know how close an incident is to you so who knows what people would be missing out on.

Good luck looking forward to it.