Murrieta PD?

Post frequencies and talkgroups for Riverside County. In this area you will find some of the most up-to-date frequency/talkgroup notes and information about newly discovered systems.
convE36

Murrieta PD?

Post by convE36 »

How come I can not hear them on RVC Sherrif freqs or find them at all?? Anyone know? Thanks!
brandon

Re: Murrieta PD?

Post by brandon »

Murrieta PD uses their own frequencies (non-trunked).

860.2375 D244 Police Dispatch
859.4375 D331 Police Ch-2
858.2375 D423 Police Ch-3

They can patch in with the RSO on talkgroup 04-125 / 613 on the Southwest cell, but it's not very active.
TEMSCANFAN

Post by TEMSCANFAN »

I own a new GRE PSR-500 and for some reason Murrieta PD comes in with alot of motorboating sounds, so much so it drowns out the communications. I
have tried the Attenuator,(no change) and the settings appear to be correct. I am less than 10 miles away so I do not know what could be causing the problem.

Post by 217 »

TEMSCANFAN wrote:I am less than 10 miles away so I do not know what could be causing the problem.
Not sure where you live but if I am traveling north on the 215 past Clinton Keith, I start to lose Murrieta around Scott Rd. The signal doesn't seem all that strong even in the city sometimes. I am off of Cal Oaks and sometimes it cuts out.
Station51

Post by Station51 »

I don't often listen to Murrieta, but when I do they are loud and clear here in San Jacinto. Go figure.

Brandon is close to Murrieta as well and has trouble hearing them too.
convE36

Post by convE36 »

I live right between the 215 (Menifee) and 15 (Elsinore) freeway. I can not hear Murrieta PD from where I am...but when I go to Lake Elsinore or Menifee I can usually hear them decent (even though it is like 5 minutes in either direction from my home)...the hills seem to make a BIG difference when it comes to Murrieta PD/Murrieta Fire's system...RSO always comes in crystal clear.
ke6alv

Post by ke6alv »

Murrieta's site location:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?cs=WPHC693

(For the record, we can hear them loud and clear in southern Hemet, too.)

RSO's site is on Elsinore Peak, which is the site you can see--on a clear day--on the south side of the Santa Ana Mountains near Wildomar.

http://www.elsinorepeak.com/

Post by 217 »

ke6alv wrote:Murrieta's site location:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?cs=WPHC693
That's strange because based on the map, that location is the hill next to Clinton Keith and the 215. That seems to be the highest location in Murrieta except for the mountains to the west.
convE36

Post by convE36 »

I dont think that Murrieta PD has their radios on the Elsinore Peak, or else I would hear them perfect. From where I am, I can see (in the VERY far distance) Elsinore Peak. I can recieve everything that comes off that tower very clear. Between me and Murrieta is quite different, hills after hills. Murrieta PD seems to me broadcasting somewhere else...(as in they are probably broadcasting IN Murrieta ONLY)

Post by 318 »

TemScanFan,

What may be happening in your situation is interference from a cellphone, Nextel and/or paging transmitting tower. Go outside your house and take a good look around. if you see a fake metal tree or a clearly recognizable cellphone tower in the area, I would bet that to be the cause.

As you know, Murrieta Police uses 800MHz frequencies... so do some cellphones, pagers and especially Nextel. Even-though the cellphones are not on the specific frequency as MPD, they are in the same general frequency range. Your scanners front-end is probably being overloaded by the powerful RF emitting from the near-by cellphone tower and 'drowning-out' the signal from the farther away Murrieta Police transmitter, even-though they are on different frequencies.

Another possibility is that something in your house could be causing the interference either by RF or maybe picking up interference from the house electrical current.

Try an AC filter between the outlet and scanner power supply, move the scanner away from computers and other electrical equipment and try using an external directional (yaggi or 'beam') antenna in the 800MHz band and point it in the direction of Murrieta's transmitter.

Just so everyone knows, Murrieta Police and Fire have their transmitters on a tower on Clinton Keith Road (on the North side of the street), just West of thee Greer Ranch housing development. KZSW-TV also transmits from that site.

~Chad (318)