Orange County conventional frequencies

Forum to discuss radio scanning outside of Riverside County. This is the ideal place to post topics related to Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Orange, San Diego, Imperial County and Western Arizona.
cvrules90

Orange County conventional frequencies

Post by cvrules90 »

OC has some talkaround conventional channels in the 800MHz band. I see they are listed as being P25, but I was wondering if they are all encrypted, or only some of them? Law enforcement on the CCCS radio is encrypted so was wondering do they do that on the conventional frequencies.
retiredFD07

Re: Orange County conventional frequencies

Post by retiredFD07 »

Which frequencies are you referring to?

<>< Mike
markb

Post by markb »

They pretty much correlate with the associated trunked TG's. All the Green-TA's are encrypted as well as the White, Gray, Swat etc. Some Silver-TA's are (County Health and maybe a couple others. Again, enc TG = enc TA). Most others are clear. Any particular ones you were inquiring about in particular?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

markb wrote:They pretty much correlate with the associated trunked TG's. All the Green-TA's are encrypted as well as the White, Gray, Swat etc. Some Silver-TA's are (County Health and maybe a couple others. Again, enc TG = enc TA). Most others are clear. Any particular ones you were inquiring about in particular?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
No. Was just wondering seeing as how each city has some TAs. I thought those would be in teh clear.