Help with CHP freqs for East Hemet/Valle Vista

Post frequencies and talkgroups for Riverside County. In this area you will find some of the most up-to-date frequency/talkgroup notes and information about newly discovered systems.
sp1989

Help with CHP freqs for East Hemet/Valle Vista

Post by sp1989 »

Trying to figure out what channels CHP uses for the county area east of City of Hemet. I have found info that says it is Border Division, but conflicting info saying it is Temecula. I know their coverage is gerrymandered, as when I used to work in Redlands, the CHP station that covered Green Spot Road was Indio! Can anyone shed some light please, and thank you.
Jlanfn

Re: Help with CHP freqs for East Hemet/Valle Vista

Post by Jlanfn »

According to the information I have seen, that area is covered by CHP's San Gorgonio Pass Office, which is dispatched by the Indio Dispatch Center on the "Red" channel: 42.440 MHz base, 42.280 MHz mobile.

I completely agree that CHP's office borders are not clear at all. The office boundaries shown on publicly available documents on the CHP website are only approximate at best. The only document that showed any detailed description of a CHP office boundary is included here: 655-SanGorgonioPass.pdf. It happens to be the San Gorgonio Pass Office.

I was able to use the description to come up with a Google map. It's not perfect, but it's pretty close.

The remaining area within Riverside County to the west of this office and north of State Route 74 is the Riverside Office. All of Riverside County west of the San Gorgonio Pass Office but south of and including State Route 74 is the Temecula Office.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:Trying to figure out what channels CHP uses for the county area east of City of Hemet. I have found info that says it is Border Division, but conflicting info saying it is Temecula. I know their coverage is gerrymandered, as when I used to work in Redlands, the CHP station that covered Green Spot Road was Indio! Can anyone shed some light please, and thank you.
I'd try CHP Indio, the border division.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

Thank you Jlanfn, much appreciated!
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

Just confirmed that 42.44 is indeed the freq for Valle Vista, just heard a BOL for "All Hemet units..." Thanks again for the help, all!
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:Just confirmed that 42.44 is indeed the freq for Valle Vista, just heard a BOL for "All Hemet units..." Thanks again for the help, all!
Indio also has mobile dispatch at 42.28 and a Blue channel at 42.34. They also have two mobile extenders in the 700MHz band but I don't remember them of the top of my head.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

I'm thinking maybe there is a repeater for this particular area which is activated via PL or something, as I hear specific transmission loud & clear, with other stuff not breaking squelch on the HH scanner. Can get Indio, etc. with outdoor antenna. Just gotta decipher the tac channels now. Thanks again Jlanfn for your assistance...you rock!