Tonight's Earthquake

Heard something interesting on the scanner? This is the place to share it with the community. Visitors are also welcome to post links to news articles about incidents that occurred in the county.
retiredFD07

Tonight's Earthquake

Post by retiredFD07 »

The earthquake centered in La Habra has apparently caused no damage in the Inland Empire, and I can't hear the L.A. area from where I'm at. OC has suffered some damage, mostly in the Fullerton - Brea- La Habra area. I've been monitoring the OC TRS. All FD talk groups are busy with area checks and handling calls for flooding (underground water main breaks) and gas leaks. There is at least one Strike Team and one Task Group in the Fullerton area to assist with the call load. Most activity is on 2G (Fullerton tac).

<>< Mike
cvrules90

Re: Tonight's Earthquake

Post by cvrules90 »

retiredFD07 wrote:The earthquake centered in La Habra has apparently caused no damage in the Inland Empire, and I can't hear the L.A. area from where I'm at. OC has suffered some damage, mostly in the Fullerton - Brea- La Habra area. I've been monitoring the OC TRS. All FD talk groups are busy with area checks and handling calls for flooding (underground water main breaks) and gas leaks. There is at least one Strike Team and one Task Group in the Fullerton area to assist with the call load. Most activity is on 2G (Fullerton tac).

<>< Mike
Any idea on how far away it was felt?
highway97

Post by highway97 »

ventura, san diego. ed
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

highway97 wrote:ventura, san diego. ed
Was it felt in Eastern Riverside County?
Brian

Post by Brian »

Did You Feel It? > Check the reports on this page.
M5.1 - 1km S of La Habra, California
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/ ... #dyfi_resp
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

What a very helpful link.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

It shook pretty good in East Hemet area. Wherever dispatch for IE CHP is located must have felt it pretty good, as they immediately began conducting a roll call of all units in the field to check their status.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:It shook pretty good in East Hemet area. Wherever dispatch for IE CHP is located must have felt it pretty good, as they immediately began conducting a roll call of all units in the field to check their status.
I''m sure Hemet Police and other emergency services did the same.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

Actually, they did NOT, which was odd. Hemet PD was jumping because it was Friday night, nary a mention of an earthquake on their freq. That's what made me think it must have shaken up CHP's dispatch pretty good.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:Actually, they did NOT, which was odd. Hemet PD was jumping because it was Friday night, nary a mention of an earthquake on their freq. That's what made me think it must have shaken up CHP's dispatch pretty good.
They were probably blowing up with calls to help people at least the fire side.