SBC on the Web

Forum to discuss radio scanning outside of Riverside County. This is the ideal place to post topics related to Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Orange, San Diego, Imperial County and Western Arizona.
cvrules90

SBC on the Web

Post by cvrules90 »

What is a good site that covers San Bernardiono City/County that's much like this one?
sp1989

Re: SBC on the Web

Post by sp1989 »

If there is one, I haven't been able to find it.
brandon

Post by brandon »

I had attempted to start one a couple years ago, but it barely had any traffic so I let it expire.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

brandon wrote:I had attempted to start one a couple years ago, but it barely had any traffic so I let it expire.
Oh yeah Brandon I remember that. I liked it. I learned how all their "Systems" work and who uses what. Those local area scanning websites are treasures! You could learn a TON. Just check out scandiego.com. The guy who runs it posts EVERYTHING you need to know to successfully monitor.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

I find ScanDiego hard to use and frustrating. I looked at it prior to a San Diego trip to program a scanner and went back to Radio Reference as ScanDiego is too convoluted.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:I find ScanDiego hard to use and frustrating. I looked at it prior to a San Diego trip to program a scanner and went back to Radio Reference as ScanDiego is too convoluted.
The big advantage of RR is that all TGIDs are nicely grouped. It still does not provide a ton of detail. Hopefully, it'll expand over the years.
Jlanfn

Post by Jlanfn »

cvrules90 wrote:The big advantage of RR is that all TGIDs are nicely grouped. It still does not provide a ton of detail. Hopefully, it'll expand over the years.
As a database administrator for RadioReference.com and a San Bernardino County resident who has monitored various agencies within the county for over 7 years, I can say I am well acquainted with public-safety radio in that county, and I have made significant contributions to the RR database.

All that is to say, I don't think there is much more detail that can be added to the San Bernardino County RR database. (That is until the county starts migrating to the new countywide P25 trunked system which is to be constructed over the next 7 years.) There was quite a bit of information I would have greatly appreciated when I first started familiarizing myself with the details of the county's radio infrastructure, and I tried to compile that information to share with others.

I can't really speak for other counties since I'm not familiar with them, except for the far eastern portion of Los Angeles County. Remember that the database relies heavily upon user submissions. Any lack of detail is usually because no one has submitted those details.
zz0468

Post by zz0468 »

cvrules90 wrote:The big advantage of RR is that all TGIDs are nicely grouped. It still does not provide a ton of detail. Hopefully, it'll expand over the years.
I'm curious as to what you think the RR database is missing for SB county. It seems to be fairly accurate, and since it's based on what listeners hear, it's primarily listing things that people will actually hear.
zz0468

Post by zz0468 »

Jlanfn wrote:...Any lack of detail is usually because no one has submitted those details.
Or there is no additional detail to be added.

The database is missing the Ontario Mill's Mall system, System 12, and the D-Law radio at Victoria Gardens.

The Mill's system gets patched with OPD on system 9, and the D-Law at the Gardens is air entry to System 6 TG's. So, nobody is missing out on anything.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Thank you all for your explanations.