Pursuit early this morning in Menifee

Heard something interesting on the scanner? This is the place to share it with the community. Visitors are also welcome to post links to news articles about incidents that occurred in the county.
brandon

Pursuit early this morning in Menifee

Post by brandon »

Does anyone know the outcome of the pursuit in Menifee earlier today? (just after midnight to be exact). I was going to sleep for the night just as units went by the first time. I got up and watched about 2 mins later as they came back down our street (probably trying to get back to the freeway). It looked like they headed north towards the Sun City/Perris border by the time Star 9 went 97. Did not hear anything on the CHP freqs.

Here are a couple low quality clips I pulled from our security camera.
Part 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pgBd5VD5a8
Part 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6eBj6PTsTE (almost crashes into my neighbors driveway)
sp1989

Re: Pursuit early this morning in Menifee

Post by sp1989 »

That's pretty exciting! Too bad we will never be able to know what's going on anymore. What do you think the chances of RSO having an unencrypted channel for residents to find out what is occurring in their neighborhood? LAPD did that when they first went digital, they had a conventional freq for that purpose.
highway97

Post by highway97 »

Ya Its Like LAPD Hot Shots Freqs For Code 3 Calls County Wide. Lets All Dream For A second. :roll:
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

highway97 wrote:Ya Its Like LAPD Hot Shots Freqs For Code 3 Calls County Wide. Lets All Dream For A second. :roll:
First of all LAPD, isn't crypto to begin with. That would cause a huge scandal like it did in Pasadena. They only have a handful of encrypted content on their digital UHF network. Orange County is crypto and they have a RED talkgroup in the clear where they talk during things like pursuits, shootouts, robberies,etc...

Maybe we should vouch for that...

And possibly make it Phase 1 as not everyone can afford the new Phase 2 scanners. I know I can't.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

Did you even read my post? I said when LAPD first went digital, not encrypted. We, the public are paying for this shit, the least RSO can do is give us a clear channel that the public can listen to, to see what is happening in our neighborhood. It doesn;t even have to be trunked and digital, they could put it on a non-trunked analog freq quite easily. But knowing RSO, the general public is f*cked for starters. Oh well, we can dream. I wonder what news hawks are doing now? They used to lease RSO HTs to the media, but no idea if that carried over when PSEC came on line.
zz0468

Post by zz0468 »

sp1989 wrote:...We, the public are paying for this shit, the least RSO can do is give us a clear channel that the public can listen to, to see what is happening in our neighborhood.
Unfortunately, none of the usual scanner buff pleadings carry any weight or credibility with agencies that chose to encrypt. They may not be actively trying to hide from typical scanner listeners, but that doesn't matter. At worst, that's exactly what they're up to. At best, the scanner hobby is collateral damage to a different set of goals, and the agency simply doesn't care one way or the other. I suspect RSO is in that catagory.
sp1989 wrote:It doesn;t even have to be trunked and digital, they could put it on a non-trunked analog freq quite easily. But knowing RSO, the general public is f*cked for starters.
Aside from the reasoning behind encrypting in the first place, consider that radio spectrum is a tangible asset with monetary value. It would be difficult to justify a clear conventional frequency for that particular purpose. I don't know what LAPD's specific reasons were for doing so, but I suspect it was to maintain use of legacy monitoring equipment, not the convenience of hobbyists.
sp1989 wrote:Oh well, we can dream. I wonder what news hawks are doing now? They used to lease RSO HTs to the media, but no idea if that carried over when PSEC came on line.
Dreaming is harmless, and maybe they'll come around eventually and open a few things up. It's been known to happen. The lease program to the media seemed to work well when it was introduced in the early EDACS days. These systems lend themselves very well to providing limited service targeted to a specific user, and providing the local media with radios to monitor a limited number of primary dispatch talk groups in selected areas would be a trivial task. You could try asking the PIO at RSO's media bureau if the lease radios to the media.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

I was griping really, I have no real hope that anything will change. I worked for them for a quarter century and know how they operate. Now that I live in an area they patrol, it would be nice to know WTF is going on when the sirens come through my area. No problem when I lived in RPD's turf, I've even had RPD officers searching the surrounding street ask me to help them look for crooks they were chasing. Those days are long gone now I suppose.
highway97

Post by highway97 »

yes they are sp. brother ed
brandon

Post by brandon »