154.100 110.9

Post frequencies and talkgroups for Riverside County. In this area you will find some of the most up-to-date frequency/talkgroup notes and information about newly discovered systems.
zz0468

Re: 154.100 110.9

Post by zz0468 »

Yep, those were the good old days. That system was rock solid, and really reliable. It survived lightning, earthquakes, ice storms, and had enough back-up's that I don't recall there ever being an 'outage'. Not like we see these days... In a lot of ways, it was a sad event to see it shut down. I'll never forget seeing the Whitewater base station leaning at a 45 degree angle, ripped up from it's floor anchors after the Palm Springs earthquake and dangling by it's antenna cables from the overhead rack... and chugging along merrily, like nothing ever happened. Or the 1/4 KW at Box Springs that absorbed a direct lightning strike with surprisingly little damage. Good times!

Some of those frequencies were on the give-up list in exchange for 800 frequencies, some were retained, and are in use to this day, and a few went to Cal Fire / County Fire.
cvrules90

Re: 154.100 110.9

Post by cvrules90 »

I must say their EDACS shoulder mikes look cool! I only had one chance to see one close up.

Too bad the Greater Seattle are uses Motorola <sigh>