Post frequencies and talkgroups for Riverside County. In this area you will find some of the most up-to-date frequency/talkgroup notes and information about newly discovered systems.
retiredFD07

Post by retiredFD07 »

I used to monitor this freq for Riverside Community College security, but I don't monitor this much anymore since they went to a Regional dispatch with Cal State. They used to be using a PL of 192.8, but now they appear to be using 465. Have all of the users switched to the 465 PL or are they breaking up the system into different PL's for the different users?

<>< Mike
sp1989

Re: 453.3

Post by sp1989 »

I have a friend who is a sergeant there, he told me a while back that more departments were going to be dispatched from the center in SB, but I don;t remember which ones. I think you are correct in the theory that the different agencies have separate PLs for each one. I'll try and see what I can find out.
retiredFD07

Post by retiredFD07 »

Thanks, I'm curious now as to who's using this dispatch system. BTW, when they were using the old PL, the repeater itself seemed to be over-modulated and hard to understand - which is actually the main reason I stopped monitoring it. The audio seems to be much better now.

<>< Mike
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

retiredFD07 wrote:Thanks, I'm curious now as to who's using this dispatch system. BTW, when they were using the old PL, the repeater itself seemed to be over-modulated and hard to understand - which is actually the main reason I stopped monitoring it. The audio seems to be much better now.

<>< Mike
Perhaps they'll even move the dispatch to the new San Bernardino P-25 network.
brandon

Post by brandon »

I listened briefly the other day and heard references to Moreno Valley, Norco and Rancho (??) so I guess they are all sharing the same DPL combo. Signal was a lot weaker than it was last month when they were using 192.8 PL. I have the same issue with the RPD stuff. Some days it comes in full scale, other days barely a 1 on the s-meter.
retiredFD07

Post by retiredFD07 »

I'm glad you said that, Brandon. I thought I was going crazy. For the past few years I've noticed a considerable depreciation in RPD's and RFD's repeater signal strength. This happens occasionally. I HAVE noticed it occurs during Santa Ana winds, but it also occurs randomly. I live in southwest Riverside, across town from their repeater. Most of the time the signal is full scale but sometimes it barely breaks the squelch. I'm really curious to know what's causing that.
<>< Mike
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

retiredFD07 wrote:I'm glad you said that, Brandon. I thought I was going crazy. For the past few years I've noticed a considerable depreciation in RPD's and RFD's repeater signal strength. This happens occasionally. I HAVE noticed it occurs during Santa Ana winds, but it also occurs randomly. I live in southwest Riverside, across town from their repeater. Most of the time the signal is full scale but sometimes it barely breaks the squelch. I'm really curious to know what's causing that.
<>< Mike
Your location relative to the repeater may help to explain why you occassionally lose coverage. Birdies are also a headache.