Officer Shot in Moreno Valley

Heard something interesting on the scanner? This is the place to share it with the community. Visitors are also welcome to post links to news articles about incidents that occurred in the county.
brandon

Officer Shot in Moreno Valley

Post by brandon »

A Riverside County sheriff’s deputy was shot Tuesday afternoon, July 22, apparently when he confronted suspects in a homicide, according to police and sheriff’s radio reports.

More info
http://blog.pe.com/breaking-news/2014/0 ... um=twitter
brandon

Re: Officer Shot in Moreno Valley

Post by brandon »

Moval disp appears to be patched with Red talkgroup. Star 93 is up as well.
inlandpatch

Post by inlandpatch »

has anyone heard any clear channels with this unfortunate incident that is going on? :?:
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

An excellent question. Too bad for people that live in the area, there is no way now to find out what is going on like the old days before encryption. The public pays for all the fancy equipment & public safety service, we ought to be able to listen if we are getting our money's worth. My S/O had been listening to the happenings until it was EOW, she was pissed that there is no way to listen anymore, despite all my radio stuff at home.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Yah I know. Of all the TGIDs, the RED should at least be in the clear. OC does it that way and they don't have a problem with it. Makes you wonder how we even know about this when no once gets to hear it anymore.
brandon

Post by brandon »

@cvrules90: It's pretty clear that the media has radios after reading the article. What I'd be curious to know is do they only have the RED talkgroup or can they listen to each stations dispatch? I know the desert newspapers monitor ERICA and I've seen some tweets from their reporters to indicate they may be able to monitor RSO dispatch as well.

@inlandpatch: Unfortunately did not see anything in the clear. There was another talkgroup (224) that got patched with 113. Not sure what it was though... maybe a SEB talkgroup?

Back to the topic, thankfully the officer will be OK and the suspect is 10-7.
More here: http://ktla.com/2014/07/23/body-found-i ... r-wounded/
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

The RED TGID should also be Phase 1 because Phase 2 scanners are overpriced. I know I barely got my hands on the 396XT.

Not sure what the 396Xt price is now...
CQPSK

Post by CQPSK »

"The RED TGID should also be Phase 1 because Phase 2 scanners are overpriced."

~Ya, I'm sure the County would give up TWO talk paths for the benefit of scanner listeners :)

The whole incident was patched to RPD CH1 in the clear.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Maybe a RED West County and a RED East County.
inlandpatch

Post by inlandpatch »

CQPSK wrote:"The RED TGID should also be Phase 1 because Phase 2 scanners are overpriced."

~Ya, I'm sure the County would give up TWO talk paths for the benefit of scanner listeners :)

The whole incident was patched to RPD CH1 in the clear.
so everything that was going on was patched to riverside pd ch1??? or a different channel on the psec side?