Old RSO Info?

Post frequencies and talkgroups for Riverside County. In this area you will find some of the most up-to-date frequency/talkgroup notes and information about newly discovered systems.
convE36

Old RSO Info?

Post by convE36 »

brandon

Re: Old RSO Info?

Post by brandon »

Yeah that is old information.

Post by 318 »

Wow, check out the coverage map on that website. Although I understand that the information is old, it would be awsome if someone could reproduce a similar, updated map.

Does anyone have a map showing the locations of the current RSO sites? Even off-list or via PM?

How about it zz?

~Chad (318)
zz0468

Post by zz0468 »

I've got some stuff that would knock your socks off, but it's kinda proprietary. I'd be happy to throw something together that could be shared, though. Give me a few days. It's getting busy over here.
convE36

Post by convE36 »

318 wrote:Wow, check out the coverage map on that website. Although I understand that the information is old, it would be awsome if someone could reproduce a similar, updated map.

Does anyone have a map showing the locations of the current RSO sites? Even off-list or via PM?

How about it zz?

~Chad (318)
I dont think I will ever fully understand RSO, but maps help! (As long as they are accurate)

Somehow combine FreqOfNature.com's RSO map with this one...and that would be perfect!
zz0468

Post by zz0468 »

318 wrote:Wow, check out the coverage map on that website. Although I understand that the information is old, it would be awsome if someone could reproduce a similar, updated map.

How about it zz?

~Chad (318)
Well, here you go:
Rivco Sites.JPG
The sites are color coded by system.

West is Box Springs, Cajalco Rd, Blue Mtn, and Paradise.
Central is Mt. David and Red Mt.
Desert is Indio Hill, Edom Hill, and Cactus City
Blythe is Chuckwalla, Black Rock, and Big Maria
Santa Rosa is a stand alone
Southwest is Elsinore Peak, Lake Elsinore, I15 (not the name it really goes by) and Hogback.
Sites labeled CP are Control points
The rest of the sites are parts of various conventional simulcast fill systems. Mt. David
is both part of a fill system, and the Central Trunked system.

BTW, that is not ALL the county sites, just the ones that have radios to listen to. The rest are microwave only, or part of the Mutual Aid system.
Also, that map on that other site is NOT a coverage map, not even an old one, and it NEVER was actually accurate.

Hope you guys find that useful and interesting.

Post by 318 »

Ya, that's good stuff. Thanks for remebering and following-through. When is construction/build-out of the new system going to start... or has it?

~318
zz0468

Post by zz0468 »

318 wrote:When is construction/build-out of the new system going to start... or has it?
If you count the huge amount of planning, permitting, and property acquisition that has to take place first, it's already started.
ke6alv

Post by ke6alv »

Thanks for the map!! Being a ham for the past 15 years, and scanning the IE for the past 22, I am pretty familiar with where most of these sites are, with the exception of Cajalco--which I assume is near Station 15, and the I-15 site which looks to be either Glen Ivy or Horsethief Canyon. While at our pediatrician located near the county complex in Hemet one day, I took the rubber duck off of my scanner, and confirmed that was the location of the conventional fill-in repeater on 855.9875 :geek: ; living in southern Hemet--and blocked from Red Mtn--it comes in better than either David or Elsinore.

Hogback looks like it's the hill between the 215 and Winchester just south of the future alignment of Clinon Keith. The same hill where KFRoG has their second transmitter (92.7 MHz, IIRC). (NO, I don't listen to them, but the wife does. I prefer higher freqs, like 151.385MHz! :D )

EDIT: Oh, and I'm guessing Paradise is the site in NORth COrona where the local ham repeater/Corona Fire/PD are.
zz0468

Post by zz0468 »

Yeah, you got the Norco site correct. The I15 site... well, you could toss a bowling ball from the NB breakdown lane of the 15 and hit the site, but you'd have to know where to look.