Who Uses What System?

Forum to discuss radio scanning outside of Riverside County. This is the ideal place to post topics related to Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Orange, San Diego, Imperial County and Western Arizona.
cvrules90

Who Uses What System?

Post by cvrules90 »

Is there any good place (other than RR) that CLEARLY lists who are the subscribers to each of SBC's 10 systems? Thanks!
zz0468

Re: Who Uses What System?

Post by zz0468 »

No. RR is, by far, the best on-line resource for that particular piece of information. It's not complete, but what's there is pretty accurate.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

zz0468 wrote:No. RR is, by far, the best on-line resource for that particular piece of information. It's not complete, but what's there is pretty accurate.
I was hoping we could assemble a chart or list that shows all the systems, and who uses what.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

The Southern California Frequency Directory has very thorough info of what you are looking for. It is available from Scannerstuff.com Besides frequencies, it has tons of information on how different systems work, fire and police terminology, unit designators, maps of beat areas, etc. Well worth the $25 it costs, and you get updates for free when they occur. I think they only have e-book downloads of it now, the hard copies might be available at a used book website.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:The Southern California Frequency Directory has very thorough info of what you are looking for. It is available from Scannerstuff.com Besides frequencies, it has tons of information on how different systems work, fire and police terminology, unit designators, maps of beat areas, etc. Well worth the $25 it costs, and you get updates for free when they occur. I think they only have e-book downloads of it now, the hard copies might be available at a used book website.
I guess I"ll look into that...
Jlanfn

Post by Jlanfn »

cvrules90 wrote:Is there any good place (other than RR) that CLEARLY lists who are the subscribers to each of SBC's 10 systems? Thanks!
In order to be of any assistance I would need a more detailed list of questions or description of what you are looking for. The RR database does show to a large extent who uses what system.

Or are you wanting a concise summary? It might be easier if you mentioned the specific system users you are interested in.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

That kinda what I"m thinking, a list of users and the systems associated with them. It's confusing because, SBSO, for example, uses several of the systems as oppposed to just being on one. From what I can see, the P-25 system will be easier to follow because it's one big system as opposed to being broken into parts like it is now.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

It will be way simpler, because it will be 100% encrypted and gone, like PSEC & ERICA. You can thank that Dorner asshole for it.
inlandpatch

Post by inlandpatch »

sp1989 wrote:It will be way simpler, because it will be 100% encrypted and gone, like PSEC & ERICA. You can thank that Dorner asshole for it.
not from what i am seeing not every agency will be encrypted... we have some hope but i wont be happy until the full system is out and we can see what is enc and who is not.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:It will be way simpler, because it will be 100% encrypted and gone, like PSEC & ERICA. You can thank that Dorner asshole for it.
There are already clear patches on the P-25 network.