Orange County Police Departments CANNOT be Monitored!

Forum to discuss radio scanning outside of Riverside County. This is the ideal place to post topics related to Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Orange, San Diego, Imperial County and Western Arizona.
cvrules90

Orange County Police Departments CANNOT be Monitored!

Post by cvrules90 »

Those new to scanning the Orange County CCCS should know that there is no possible way to listen to the police froces in Orange County for they are mostly encrypted.

The forces include:

Orange County Sheriff's Department (includes detention and courts)
Anaheim Police Department
Brea Police Department (includes Yorba Linda PD)
Buena Park Police Department
Costa Mesa Police Department
Cypress Police Department
Fountain Valley Police Department
Fullerton Police Department
Garden Grove Police Department
Huntington Beach Police Department
Irvine Police Department
La Habra Police Department
La Palma Police Department
Laguna Beach Police Department
Los Alamitos Police Department
Newport Beach Police Department
Orange (City) Police Department
Placienta Police Department
Santa Ana Police Department
Tustin Police Department
Westminster Police Department

The OCFA, other fire departments, and public works are mostly clear.
Last edited by cvrules90 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sp1989

Re: Orange County Police Departments CANNOT be Monitored!

Post by sp1989 »

I loaded in the Central system of CCCS after I found I could get the control channel clearly at my QTH. All TG info and freqs came from Radio Reference. When I run it in Open mode, I can hear what sounds like school, transit or airport police in the clear, so not everything LE is encrypted.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:I loaded in the Central system of CCCS after I found I could get the control channel clearly at my QTH. All TG info and freqs came from Radio Reference. When I run it in Open mode, I can hear what sounds like school, transit or airport police in the clear, so not everything LE is encrypted.
Perhaps I should have said mostly encrypted.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

Yep, all the major departments are encrypted, but there is some stuff to listen to still on the LE side. It would be more interesting if I lived there, but I don't. I discovered it when I moved to east RivCo area and was checking control channels. Interesting at first, but i really don't give a crap about what is happening in the OC so I didn't write down TGs, sorry.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:Yep, all the major departments are encrypted, but there is some stuff to listen to still on the LE side. It would be more interesting if I lived there, but I don't. I discovered it when I moved to east RivCo area and was checking control channels. Interesting at first, but i really don't give a crap about what is happening in the OC so I didn't write down TGs, sorry.
That's ok! In retrospect there's not so much you CAN scan. You can hear about as much as you can in RivCo now.
retiredFD07

Post by retiredFD07 »

Sorry this reply is late, I was gone the entire month of October.

The only in the clear comms on OC's TRS are:
all FD's
all ALS
some of the TAN TG's are in the clear, but they're only used for radio checks and initial contact, then they switch to an encrypted TG.

As a side note, you can still monitor:
CHP
EMS (some use their own systems but many are using various LTR systems)

<>< Mike
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

retiredFD07 wrote:Sorry this reply is late, I was gone the entire month of October.

The only in the clear comms on OC's TRS are:
all FD's
all ALS
some of the TAN TG's are in the clear, but they're only used for radio checks and initial contact, then they switch to an encrypted TG.

As a side note, you can still monitor:
CHP
EMS (some use their own systems but many are using various LTR systems)

<>< Mike
Transit Police is also (surprisingly) mostly clear. The RED (Emergency) channel they have is also clear.
retiredFD07

Post by retiredFD07 »

> Transit Police is also (surprisingly) mostly clear. The RED (Emergency) channel they have is also clear. <

What are those two TG ID #'s?

<>< Mike
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

I found that I can receive the OC central system from my location. I didn't write down the TG #s, but just run it in open mode and you will hear it soon enough. There are several LE or security operations in the clear. If I get a chance tomorrow, I will see what intel I can gather for you, Mike. You might have to try a different system where you are at in Riverside, though.

One transmission was transit police/security, as they were discussing the locations of a bus, I also heard other stuff related to checking parking lots which sounded like campus police/security activity.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:I found that I can receive the OC central system from my location. I didn't write down the TG #s, but just run it in open mode and you will hear it soon enough. There are several LE or security operations in the clear. If I get a chance tomorrow, I will see what intel I can gather for you, Mike. You might have to try a different system where you are at in Riverside, though.

One transmission was transit police/security, as they were discussing the locations of a bus, I also heard other stuff related to checking parking lots which sounded like campus police/security activity.
Probably UC Irvine security or something along those lines.